Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Snuggie

The Snuggie has become a bit of a phenomenon. Below is the real infomercial for the Snuggie, which revolutionized the infomercial world by airing during somewhat prime time TV slots. The second video shown here is a parody of the first, yet almost not as hysterical as the original:

Real:



Spoof:



Now, everyone knows the Snuggie is either a blanket with sleeves, or, as I like to think of it, a bathrobe one wears backward. Either way, I wanted to post about the Snuggie because despite the ridiculousness of it, every single person I've talked to about it knows what I'm talking about and has admitted he or she wants one.
I happen to believe the Snuggie's popularity lies not in the fact that the commercial airs when people are watching or in the amusing way it's sold, but in the name. Why the hell wouldn't you want something called the Snuggie?

No comments:

Post a Comment